Sunday, June 10, 2007

10 years...

my love and i


hubby and i have been together for 10 years now (no, we've not been married for 10 years, we've been together for 10 years. we've been married for almost 3 years)

after trying for about 6 months, we're now expecting our firstborn in a couple of months.

what did the past 10 years bring me? love and memories, loads of 'em. i love my husband more now than when we first hooked up. i wake up and see him still asleep next to me, it always brings a smile to my lips.

i love him even during those times when he's playing his video games and he's ignoring me. it annoys me, but it also makes me love him for his little pesky quirks.

and those times when he truly enjoys a meal that i've whipped up, that contented smile of his is all the thanks that i need.

and his forgetfulness, it's legendary. i can tell him something, and he'll forget about it 5 minutes later, but he always feels so bad for forgetting that i can't but tell him it's ok, unless it's an important emergency issue, then he'll kena kau kau from me.

i love him for all the little things that he's done for me. little they may seem, but those things means a huge lot in my heart. now that i'm in my 3rd trimester, i've been having lots of aches and pains in my back, feet and hands. hubby always tirelessly massages and sooths away the pain, even when i wake him up in the middle of the night when i can't go to sleep because of the pain. he even has a little ditty that he sang to the tune of "he's got the whole world in his hand". it goes something like this... "gotta push the blood, push the blood to the heart... push the blood to the heart, so that the feet won't swell so much..."

isn't he just such a darling!!

quoting something my sista girl wrote in her blog, "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without." that's so true, i can't live without my man, my hubbyman. i love you to the end of the universe and beyond.

No comments: